Friday, July 31, 2009

I put martin&co guitar polish for fine wood, i asked a question if it was right for my black glossy finish....

and someone said they had 14 years of experience and that I shouldnt put on that polish because it will leave wax and soon make my guitar's black glossy finish dull. I asked her what to do because I already applied it to my precious gibson flying v and I dont know what to do but she didnt reply to the email i sent her. This is her answer


"youre actually better off not using polish at all. buy a micro-fiber cloth. it will lift all the oil and residue off of your finish without scratching. adding polish meant for wood finish on a painted gloss finish will leave behind wax and other traces of the polish, and that will accumulate over time and dull your finish.


but you can use the polish for the back of the guitars neck unless it also has the black gloss finish."


Source(s):





14 years of playing the guitar and 7 years of setting up and repairing guitars.











Will someone please tell me what to do! I don't wanna ruin my $1000 guitar less than a week from when I bought it!

I put martin%26amp;co guitar polish for fine wood, i asked a question if it was right for my black glossy finish....
just don't use it any more and if you think about it it is a clear coat over the paint so you really never hit the paint it self just don't put more on use a furniture polish once in while not every day just wipe it off with a soft cloth



diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment