Monday, April 20, 2009

POLISH, GERMAN, CZECH: Des Plaines, Chicago, & Places Close By?

Are there any stores around those areas where I can buy authentic Polish crafts (souvenirs)? Maybe some of those Polish wooden boxes? Also, where are the best casual Polish dining spots? Same for German and Czech.

POLISH, GERMAN, CZECH: Des Plaines, Chicago, %26amp; Places Close By?
Do I take it you%26#039;ll be in Des Plaines? The two best Polish restaurants I know of have closed. Maybe this says something about Polish cooking!





There is a store in a small shopping center in Niles (near Des Plaines) at the intersection of Milwaukee Avenue and Oakton Street, I think it is called European Imports, or something to that effect. I%26#039;d be willing to bet they can help you out. Check out the Chicago Tribune for a guide to ethnic restaurants.





The German neighborhood is on the north side in the area of Lincoln Avenue and Lawrence Avenue. Try Delicatessen Meyer, I%26#039;m almost sure it is on Lincoln.





I can tell you where a Bohemian neighborhood is, but maybe not Czech (small joke there). There is a restaurant on Cermak (aka 22nd Street) near 17th? Avenue in North Riverside that everyone raves about, I can%26#039;t think of the name and I have not been there.





In Brookfield Illinois there is a European-style traffic circle in the middle of town. There is a Bohemian restaurant on the traffic circle, again I can%26#039;t think of the name. I can tell you with first-hand certainty that it is good.





Hope this help, feel free to ask for more specifics.




horses for loan

No comments:

Post a Comment